At Back on My Feet, we have been working day-in and day-out to make the 11th Annual Stoehmann Bakeries Back on My Feet Gala on Tuesday, October 30th truly an evening to remember. While this is the 11th annual gala, every year you can except to have a different experience. This year we have put together what we believe is one of our most memorable programs, including a member speaker duo, a variety of unique Silent Auction items and entertainment that is sure to leave a lasting impression. Before you head to the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown on Tuesday night, we want to share some pre-gala tips and tricks with you:
10. Ladies and Gentlemen, leave your dress shoes at home! Finally, an event where you can dress your best and still feel comfortable on the dance floor. Cocktail attire and sneakers highly encouraged!
9. Lights! Camera! Action! Experience the red-carpet entrance and get your photo taken behind the Back on My Feet backdrop. Grab your friends and some props from Philly Photo Booth Co. and take home an instant memento of the evening.
8. During the gala, hear a devoted Alumni member and volunteer share their personal journeys with Back on My Feet. While everyone involved with Back on My Feet has a different story, ones like these continue to move us in ways we never thought possible. Listen to last year’s moving speech from member speaker Tiana to prepare for the event.
7. We’re turning things up a notch (or down a few degrees 12) with a Philly LOVE statue inspired ice sculpture donated by Ice Sculpture Philly. Be sure to check it out because we’ve added our own BoMF twist…
6. It wouldn’t be the 2018 Back on My Feet Philadelphia Gala without the 2018 Super Bowl Champs! The Silent Auction has tons of autographed sports memorabilia from players on the Super bowl LII Championship Winning team. Carson Wentz, Nelson Agholor, and Fletcher Cox are just a few.
5. Try our signature cocktails! This year Tito’s is mixing up two Back on My Feet inspired cocktails for our guests: the Pacesetter and the Marathon Mule. New this year: skip the lines at the bar! Each table will be set with bottles of wine, thanks to M.F.W Wine. Co.
4. While tickets are sold out for this event, you can still experience the program firsthand by running with Back on My Feet members and volunteers at the M,W,F morning runs in 12 different cities nationwide.
3. Become a Back on My Feet pro! Learn more about Back on My Feet’s mission and vision by visiting https://www.backonmyfeet.org. Find more ways to get involved and read how the program and services work for members.
2. Don’t be late! We’re bringing back the Philadelphia 76ers official drumline, the West Powelton Drummers. You don’t want to miss their grand entrance!
1. Most importantly, this is a night to celebrate Back on My Feet, it’s members, volunteers, devoted staff, and anyone involved that helps makes this organization so special and close to our hearts. To show you support, consider donating during the live appeal at the event. Giving levels are: $2,000, $1,000, $500, $250, $100.